Westbrook Public Schools seeks an exceptional music teacher who is committed to the middle school level and philosophy. We aim to recruit an educator who works to sustain an incredibly positive, strong, energetic presence in the lives of our students and has a track record of students meeting high expectations in terms of participation and engagement in classes.
The candidate should have/hold:
1. Appropriate Connecticut certification
2. Extensive experience with vocal music and leading a middle school chorus
3. Experience at the middle school level (3 or more years preferred).
4. Demonstrated knowledge of and effective experience with the use of technology in
educational settings and the implementation of blended learning techniques.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and effective experience with standards-based curriculum/
lesson design, instructional strategies and assessment techniques.
6. A passion for learning, self-development and demonstrated ability to acquire and use
knowledge and skills from ongoing professional growth activities, coursework, training, and
7. Demonstrated ability to work productively as a member of a team to advance school and
district goals and positively enhance school climate.
8. Demonstrate expertise in vocal pedagogy specific to the middle school level/changing voice
and be familiar with developmentally appropriate techniques and repertoire
1. Teach, supervise, and coordinate choral classes and lessons in both middle and
elementary grade levels.
2. Provide students with basic vocal instruction appropriate for grade levels.
3. Foster a safe learning environment where students are encouraged to perform and create
4. Follow and implement music curriculum for multiple grade levels.
5. Plan, rehearse, and direct musical experiences for the school and community with
approximately three to six evening performances per school year.
6. Submit budget for middle school music program and order and maintain all supplies and
materials for the program.
7. Build relationships with the community and outside organizations to promote the music
Terms of Employment: Salary and benefits in accordance with the Agreement between the Westbrook Board of Education and the Westbrook Education Association.
All applicants must complete an electronic application via Applitrack: www.westbrookctchools.org. Please be sure to attach a detailed cover letter along with a resume, transcripts, copy of your current Connecticut State Certification and three letters of recommendation. Paper and emailed applications and documents will not be accepted.
The Westbrook Board of Education and Public School District is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons. The Westbrook Board of Education does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. The Connecticut State Department of Education does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction.
Application deadline: Open until filled.